This is a picture of one of the long hives my son, Tim made for one of the beekeepers who come to our field days. He had enough extra materials to make one of these lids for our hive in the apiary. Since the hive in the apiary was not designed with an attached bottom board, and it is already occupied with bees, we did not make the lid to be hinged, but put handles on the sides so it can be lifted off by two people. We put it on May 22, 2015 and on the 28th another beekeeper and I looked at it and it is working very nicely. Come out to the next field day on June 13, 2015 and see it for yourself.